Thursday, July 23, 2015

Color

Once again I find myself pedaling madly to catch up the blog.  I guess with the arrival of summer that is par for the course.  As I write this our house continues to transform into being a home.  We've had great evenings sitting around our fire pit, cooking out in the backyard and enjoying the warm summer evenings.  Plus, we adopted two cats who have become a source of near constant entertainment for just the cost of some litter and food. 

Paint has since gone onto the walls due to the persistent work of my beautiful and artistic wife.  She has chosen such warm and wonderful colors to greet us as we arrive home after a long day at work.

The above two photos are in the living room
Please don't ask me the names of the colors however.  That is the perview of the painter who I am sure will rattle off a bunch of things about color values and tones.  I happily nod my head and appreciate that we have developed a most excellent division of jobs that plays to our strengths.  I do know this though, she is a big fan of Benjamin Moore paint and I have to say that it is really great quality paint and worth the extra money.
Front partial wall separating dining from living room. 

The media room (I have a story about that sofa for later)

The fireplace with shiplap set against the new color.  We are still debating painting the brick a deep chocolate color.

I think the one thing I notice about the colors Elizabeth has chosen is that they change through the day with the outside light.  It is a bit like being in a new house as the day wears on.  In general I don't think the pictures capture how well things have come out but perhaps as the rooms come together with less chaos of tools and boxes and random furniture I can post some better pics. -TS

No comments:

Post a Comment